Who are East Berkshire Primary Care Out of Hours Services?
East Berkshire Primary Care Out of Hours Services (EBPC) is a Community Benefit Society created in 2004 to support the healthcare needs of patients in East Berkshire when their GP surgeries are closed. The organisation is not for profit and has no shareholders.
EBPC is run by a Council comprised of GP members, patient representatives and staff which oversees the management of the society and its links with other stakeholder organisations.
We currently offer the following services plus some temporary/pilot services commissioned by local CCGs:
- Primary Care Centres in Slough, Maidenhead and Ascot, open all weekend and weeknights for face-to-face GP consultations.
- Nurse lead Urgent Care Centre in Maidenhead open weekdays and weekends for minor injuries and illness.
- East Berkshire wide GP home visiting service on weeknights and all weekend.
- East Berkshire wide GP advice line consultations on weeknights and all weekend
- Dental triage service for East and West Berkshire patients during weekdays, evenings and at weekends.
- GRACE referral Hub in Slough
- Patient transport services for the Rapid Access Clinic in Maidenhead
- Telephone answering on Educational half days for East Berkshire GP Surgeries
- Richmond GP Out of Hours Service in London borough of Richmond with advice, home visiting and a Primary Care Centre in Teddington.
EBPC covers 400,00 patients in Berkshire 30,000 in South Bucks and 250,00 in Richmond and Twickenham from our operational headquarters in Bracknell. We’re open 24 hours, 365 days a year with On Call support at all times.
We have a dedicated operational team at Headquarters some of whom have been with the company from the very beginning. We use as many local GPs for our services as possible and have been working with some of these GPs for many years.
EBPC generates a genuine feeling of loyalty in its staff and as a result we can provide our patients with some measure of continuity, and a sincere, local service even with all the changes we face as NHS providers. EBPC have an excellent track record in Berkshire and are highly valued by the local patients as a provider of easily accessible and high quality, ethical services.
We pride ourselves on responding quickly to new and changing requirements in the local health economy with a well know ability to put together effective pilot services within a short amount of time.
EBPC hope to continue supporting the local health economy for many years to come. You can find us online by searching for East Berkshire Primary Care Out of Hours Services or you can go to our main website. www.ebpcooh.org.uk